View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 11:39 AM   #49 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix 808 View Post
Yep , Wind power is usually nothing more than a big bird blender. While the turbines have brakes to control the rotor speeds, the systems are a maintenance headache. Let the rotors get out of balance & lose the breaks, look out. I've seen more than one rotor separate from the generator & tower. They are not a consistent source of energy and as mentioned the return on investment blows. You'll be lucky to see a return on investment over the true life of the equipment & taking away subsidies.

Oh & back on topic, I kind of wish they would pull the plug on the Z if they have no plans to update anything.
Wind turbines are a maintenance headache. They are constantly re-torquing the bolting. I've had a couple of job offers to work at wind farms. Tuned them all down.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote