View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 10:38 PM   #79 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KF365 View Post
so when you get this sussed I'll drop my car over and you can knock it up for me in a couple of days?
Yep ..........

Have spent the last 6 days chasing BCM security interactions with the Motec. The M150 will move the VVEL as we want it to, and it takes throttle signals and moves the throttle blades as we expect .................

We can get the car to turn on, but as soon as we hit the starter and it cranks, we are losing power on pin 53 which shuts down the ECU andit does not start.

It appears that AU-spec ECU/BCM combo is subtly different to USDM spec ECU/BCM in this department. The shop in Oregon who produced the M150 firmware package (based on their own Z34/TT) have been uber-helpful but it seems we need a couple of CAN messages for 2 specific PIDs to make it all hang together.

I have the car booked in to Motec Research to do a CAN-sniff to figure out exactly what the ECU needs to publish on what PIDs to keep the BCM happy so it supplies power the way we want.

Close, oh so close but no banana's just yet. Soon though.

Once the MOTEC is running the OEM setup, we'll perfect the tune on the dyno before we move to stage 2 and install the new engine and sequential gearbag and see what it delivers.

When this is all done, we can supply a patch harness, and M150 and the M150 firmware package (IP comes from a shop in Oregon) and you can have what we have. The research is the killer but we are close !!!

Last edited by BGTV8; 12-19-2017 at 10:40 PM.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote