View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 06:42 PM   #35 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

With the power grid. The N.I.M.B.Y group. (Not In My Back Yard) Has already shot down over 4 dozen transmission line up-grades, new lines, and sub-stations in the last 10 years that I know of.

Wind and solar depend on gov't subsidies. Without that. They would not be cost efficient. They would operate at a lost. Nuke is the cheapest to produce electric, followed by natural gas, coal. Wind and solar are the most expensive.

I seen the truck video. And the comments from the truckers I have talked to. They all wonder if it will go 500,000 miles before needing heavy maintenance. And are scared of what a battery replacement would cost. They seem to think that the truck would be better suited to inter-city delivery then long haul.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html

Last edited by Rusty; 12-19-2017 at 06:47 PM.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote