View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 08:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlivethez View Post
Motor/trans/diff mounts are stock. Don't think I've ever heard of anyone upgrading anything other than motor mounts before, and even that was more of a "I was there so I changed them" kind of thing than anything else. What's the benefit of changing those?

Tires are the factory sport tires. Potenzas, I believe? As soon as these are worn out, will be getting wider, stickier rubber back there.

Still need to get rid of some of the camber and all the wheel hop, though.
The more you stiffen up the drivetrain, the better response it will have. Transmission mount is super easy to change out and will result in noticeably crisper shifts. Differential bushing can be a bit of a pain, but the stock one is garbage and assured to fail in short time under moderately hard driving. Driver side motor mount is a pain, but the upgrade will keep the engine more stable under load which in turn will transfer power to the drivetrain more efficiently.

Poly mounts are still a very good upgrade and probably the direction you want to go if NVH is a concern. If you don't care about noise/vibrations then go solid for the ultimate performance upgrade. The solid trans mount will increase NVH the most.

And get rid of those crappy stock tires. Get some Michelins that work best for your needs. PS4 or RE-71R seem to be the most popular.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote