View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 10:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshields22 View Post
I always thought the stiffer the front the more likely it is to understeer. What about sways with coils. Wouldn’t your coil setting come into play with the stiffness of the sways?

Would really like to know why the stiffest setting is best. Again, I always thought the stiffer the rear is compared the the front, the more oversteer you can produce.

What would be a good canyon/track set up with KWv3 and eibach sways? I know personal preference is a big factor but I’d like a recommend starting point based on people experience with sways and coils in general.
Stiff front/soft rear yields better power down on corner exit since the rear of the car isn't immediately trying to come around with the slightest bit of throttle application.

Spring rates absolutely can be a factor. The question is how far down the rabbit hole do you want to go. The KWv3's definitely aren't unique enough to warrant anything beyond the stiff front and soft rear bar recommendation.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote