View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 07:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
El Zombo
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370 White MT
El Zombo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
Just chiming in? Do you really need full bushing replacement at just 70k miles? driving habits are specific to car and owner but if this is a DD, i can't see how bushings are shot that fast.

This isn't really a quick/easy job, pulling the rear suspension, burning/pressing bushings out and replacing all of them is time/effort, even if you can do it yourself. Seems like kind of a pain in the *** to do all that for poly bushings on a DD - i could totally see dropping in spherical bushings everywhere for a track car.

To me this is a hard balance between replacing stuff with quality but expensive parts or just fixing what needs to be fixed.

SPL everything will make your car awesome, but its expensive. Like, really awesome. But expensive.

How bout scouring used parts areas for lower-mileage Z's that have had stuff replaced for aftermarket?

It's your time, it's your money, it's your sweat, i'm just pointing out maybe think about what you really need, the cost, and what you're actually getting for it all.

Going eibach/koni and OE style everything, seems like performance is a low priority, so . . . maybe save some money where u can?
Thanks for the input. All great points to consider. I'm the original owner of this car and it really does handle poorly. I consider this just wear and tear, but I want to be thorough in addressing it. Next Oct/Nov I'm going with some form of boost and I want to make sure the foundation is solid. Addressing the suspension, brakes, and rear are the first steps. The power is great, so I can address that later. The poly bushings (for me personally) are a great compromise between solid and OE. I've done this whole thing with an '86 5.0 years ago and the order of work just seems to make sense.

Other than the wear and tear, my Z is solid and she deserves another go. I won't be surprised if I see over 200K on this one.
El Zombo is offline   Reply With Quote