View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 09:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

For every keep reason, I can think of a sell reason

Keep
#1 I have a car I can track with
#2 Car is only worth about 16K, there are basically no track cars I can get that is cheaper with the same speed.
#3 Car has an unique color that I love
#4 Car probably won't depreciate much more, selling it now vs. 5 years is probably only going to cost me $5K
#5 I don't need to sell the car to buy the new one.

Sell
#1 I don't drive the car, it's a waste of money and space
#2 I get myself a garage space, currently my other cars sit on the road. All my other cars are more expensive.
#3 I have no reason for this car except to track it, but I won't have a track worthy car without this.
#4 The car is never going to be a collectible and it is not likely to appreciate. Nissan should have discontinued this car in 2014, they are still making it.
#5 At some point, I will probably need to do some repair due to the age.

I got back in the car today. I would love to take it back to the track, driving on the street is frankly a pain. Also I have about $3K in aftermarket parts on it, I should try to get everything out before I sell it. Since I can't get any tax credit trading it in, I am going to sell it privately. Still, I was shocked at the 16K figure they gave me.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote