View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 08:54 AM   #30 (permalink)
God-Speed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Prototype
God-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyhuevos View Post
Update 2. So head mechanic says that the steering angle sensor was not calibrated correctly due to the steering wheel being off center when the previous tech worked on it. Causing the car to think that its is losing traction and going out of control then it trys to correct it. The Mechanic failed to verify the steering wheel was aligned properly and then failed to test drive the car after to verify the repair.
Ok the more I think about this, the more I think this is BS!!! When you remove the steering wheel, their are only two plugs that need to be disconnected. One being for the airbag, and the other being for the electronics on the steering wheel. That is it. I know this due to installing new steering wheel on my car. I may be wrong about this but I don't think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danegrey View Post
One other comment, when you talk to corporate, just be calm and explain what happen... I have found that doing that works best for me...
Be very calm and nice to whom ever you talk to. Also if you have not started this yet, start taking note. Names, times and what was said. This may help you out in the future. Also if you find yourself back at the dealership talking to the GM take your phone out and let him know that this is being recorded so that we don't misunderstand each other. By doing this he will have one of two responses to it. Once again Sorry you have to deal with kind of piss poor Customer Service.
God-Speed is offline   Reply With Quote