View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 11:34 AM   #41 (permalink)
Firebase99
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 3.8 Gen Coupe GT
Firebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphiteZ View Post
I am actually thinking the opposite. These days, you have muscle cars like the Mustang and Camaro that can handle corners, light weight cars that are very refined and provide tons of driving excitement at low speed and souped up economic cars that carry 300+ hp. They may not have the pure sports car names, but they are fun cars to drive.
For Z lovers like us, the Z strikes a good balance between performance, handling and comfort. For haters, the Z does none of those particularly well.
I know I know. I agree though...Despite the high bar in performance I still find it hard to classify Camaro and mustangs as sports cars. Their numbers are astonishing for the price point. I get it. Though I’ve driven a couple stangs and camaros and give them all the credit however my butt, my connection, the intimacy driving them is grey at best. Yes they are faster than any stock Z ever made but the closeness of my Z’s over my life eclipses track times. To me they will never be a PURE sports car.
The Z(s). S2000. C6/7. Viper. Rx7. 911S. Supra. Exige. I know the invoice on some of those far exceeds a Z but it delivers Z feeling and the Z does it very very well. Dilly! Dilly!!