View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 06:27 AM   #22 (permalink)
6mt370
Base Member

Drives: 370
6mt370 is on a distinguished road

I believe that the Z is one of those sayings "if it's not broken don't fix it" kinda cars. I'm on my 3rd Z now. I bought my 05 350z which was my first "real" sports car at 18. I learned a lot from that car and turned it from a completely stock car to a full bolt on/150 shot car in a year. That car was totaled and I bought my 09 370z base a year later. The car was tastefully modified but eventually strapped nitrous on it and a BP kit. I only had about 500 miles on the newly installed turbo kit and then wanted to sell the car because it wasn't all that fun to me anymore. I wanted more power but the Z platform is almost nonexistent when it comes to high hp cars and I didn't want to go down that route so I sold the car last year and bought my Supra the next day. My goal was to buy a Supra before I turned 25 and I made it happen, a few weeks before my birthday. The Supra is just so much of a better platform to modify than the Z was. I did miss the Z, but not when it was boosted. I had way more fun with the car when it was NA so I bought a 40th a few months ago to use as a daily so I can work on the Supra. I wanted something fun to drive while the Supra was down for work and I made the right choice. Even completely stock the car is so enjoyable. I strongly believe that the Z is a lot more fun NA. I think that is why Nissan has kept it the way it is for so long. Despite the problems they come with from the factory that we all know they have, its still such an enjoyable car to drive. Bolt ons make it even better. It is a well balanced car overall. I think the 370z will be the last true Z car.
6mt370 is offline   Reply With Quote