View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #33 (permalink)
AstatenateZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
AstatenateZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbreath View Post
I'm unsure if this has been mentioned yet, but what kind of diff do you have? If you have a base model/open diff that could be your issue. One tire fire on that kind of camber can quickly eat at your tread in any kind of aggressive driving. Also, if you have a VLSD it could be worn out and functioning as an open diff. How many miles are on your car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a touring with sport package. But it’s stock besides exhaust, test pipes, intakes, coils, wheels and tires. And cosmetic mods. 60k on car. But yeah I could see one tire fire causing it. Never really burned out or did any donuts or anything. Like at all. Worse I do is 100 + pulls every now and then and take corners rather fast because it handles so well. And feels so planted. So not sure. Can’t I jack the rear up and spin one wheel and test if it’s open diff (worn out VLSD) ?
I believe it’s (open = I spin left wheel clockwise , the right wheel will spin opposite) (LSD/VLSD they will both spin same direction) ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Not really. I've seen loose spherical bearings make no noise at all. His could be in the beginning stages. So not a lot of wobbling.
It was pretty easily moved under the car , wobbily as hell off the car like completely gone. And yeah no noise. Just slight squeak until I lubed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaysEffect View Post
I don't think so. If it was a problem, you'd have tire scarring and marks. Also maybe a lot of wobbling and severe clacking noises at highway speeds.

To be fair, your toe is not ideal. Having the camber set so aggressively is actually masking this problem. It should be lower than .1 degrees. Preferably toe'd in. Adding toe in will also increase negative camber though
I’m going by Nissan today! I put OEM camber arms back on, car handles the same if not better. No wobbly feeling in rear. I think these arms are just sh*t and wore out. The bearing is def worn. Wobbily as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
We really going to go down multiple pages for a stanced tire wear issue. Sorry but thats stanced life, do stupid **** to your performance car and get **** results what a shocker.
Hahaha I like this guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbreath View Post
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by AstatenateZ; 11-07-2017 at 02:52 PM.
AstatenateZ is offline   Reply With Quote