View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 09:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
AstatenateZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
AstatenateZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaysEffect View Post
Also, it is possible you are scrubbing the tire on turns. But this is a problem with your control arms. It looks like you only have the adjustable camber arm and no aftermarket toe arm or no traction arm.

This will cause the tires to toe out significantly more during turns. There are too many variables here adding to you stanced situation.
So should I just put my OE camber arms back on and get a realignment? The squeaking noise I originally searched for and found tire wear. Was coming from the aftermarket camber arms. The bushing towards the wheel. I lubed with white lit grease and this morning squeak is gone. But seems like something isn’t right with camber arm at least on driver (left rear side)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
A -6 camber will definitely wear the inside of the tire. All of the cars weight for that corner is sitting on the inner thread. Like Mayeffect said, if it was toe. The wear would look different. With toe wear. You will see feathering on the edge of the thread blocks. You're running that much camber, you got to pay to play.
Completely understand “pay to play” thing. I was just curious as to why it wore so fast. Maybe 1200-1500 miles and ONLY ONE SIDE. My camber normally wore out tires bad in the inner side of tire evenly on the rear tires only. This is just one side. Making me thinking alignment or some sort of camber arm failure on that side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
Didn’t know -6.0* was possible?
It’s -5.3 and -5.4 to be exact (posted picture below) and that’s with these adjustable camber arms all the way in, they’re adjustable to -10 on my current setup. Because they’ll go out another -4 degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
It's possible but even I think that's stupid unless is some VIP style ****

I still think something is off in the suspension on that side causing excessive camber when the car is in motion

I'd get an alignment from a different place to verify the measurements
I got my alignment at Nissan... it’s the best shop around and they’re about the only place that will do it. It’s an in ground rack and other shops told me no... cause it’s “too low” lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
Pretty bad when OZ says -6* camber is stupid...As with more negative camber,comes more negative toe...gotta have suspension parts to correct it.
I’d like to see an alignment sheet on this one.
Here ya go, it’s -5.4 and -5.3 sorry not quiet -6 but 1/2 degree but yes! The arms are all the way in, they’ll go another -4 degrees my friend has the same arms and has -10 maybe mid -9’s but you get the point.

Last edited by AstatenateZ; 11-06-2017 at 09:31 AM.
AstatenateZ is offline   Reply With Quote