View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 10:57 PM   #41 (permalink)
Spartan 1771
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Wife crazy & 09 370Z
Spartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsz View Post
I kept everything the same from the first install in 2012 other then replacing the core. All hoses look fine after 5 years and I can put the unit 6" in front of the Z on jack stands to examine so there seems to be enough play/slack in the hoses. I don't see any rubbing on the unit. I'd post some pic's but not sure how. I'm just a "basic" member. I did install the Stillen brake cooler ducks which work great with the Z1 2 piece rotors up front with Carbotech pads. This oil cooler is a major issue I need to solve before next year as I was on my way to park my Z in a garage for the Chicago winter. All 4 bolts were tight when I pulled it out to inspect with nothing I could see causing any issues. It's like the row just expanded with to much pressure but I run the stock oil pump.
Out of complete curosity, have you modified anything else in the oil circulation system? Such as the oil pan, oil pan spacer, use a different sandwich plate then the one provided by Stillen or maybe a larger oil filter?

-DD Air Guide, Stillen G3 CAIs, 63mm Throttle Bodies, Motordyne M370, Berk HFCs, FI TDX CBE (non-res, CF), Sprint booster v3, Ecutek Dyno Tuned, and the list goes on...
Spartan 1771 is offline   Reply With Quote