View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
jchammond
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13’ 370Z TS 7A/T
jchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson2608 View Post
Hey guys, I just went to the drag strip for import alliance 2017 at beech bend raceway and this is my 2nd time going ever. I had really bad traction and I could not get my 60 foot under 2.150 seconds. I'm making 330whp and have hankook Ventus evo 2's on the car. They are 305mm wide which would seem to be plenty for a NA car. I am also lowered on bc coilover. Anyways my fastest time was a 13.3 and I read on here some people's getting 12.8s-9s on a stock 370z so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I'm pretty disappointed as I thought I was going to get at least a high 12 second time now that I had bigger tires. With that being said I was the fastest out of 9-10 370zs that ran that day. The second closest was a 13.8 and he had full bolt ons with no tune. I talked to the people working the drag strip and they told me they would never be able to keep the track prepped because of how many street tires were on it. I've been driving a manual car for almost 5 years now and am not a noob nor a expert. I know how to feather the throttle and not blow the tires of it but even after moving the car would still slip pretty bad in first gear. Any suggestions ?? I just don't see how a stock 370 could run that fast. I made about 20 passes and shifts were perfect, launch was not. There were a couple of charger hellcats that hooked up really well but they had slicks.
Gotta heat the tires properly & they'll bite.
The launch is the most important part of drag racing,,,gonna have to practice heating tires & launching....car will actually bog out the hole a bit - when it bites.

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...s-musings.html
jchammond is offline   Reply With Quote