View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 12:48 PM   #40 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redglare View Post
good review, sucks about the paddles - any aftermarket solutions?

I am gona get a lot of flack for this; but I disagree on your last point; from my limited test drive of one - the difference couldn't be greater between the Z (at least for me) the alpha platform camaro just has the overall solid feel - almost mercedes like - grips corners, doesn't rattle, Its unfair to compare a brand new 2016 platform car to one from 2008-9 but this new camaro feels superior to a stock Z in every way you can imagine.

My last point; the depreciation - it probably won't be anytime soon but I am thinking by late 2018 (winter) or early 2019 one will be able to pick up a very clean low mile alpha platform SS in the mid to low 20's. I know it sucks for the early adopters, but hey you get to enjoy this beast while the rest of us have to wait and salivate until it drops into that price range. Its feasible for me to get one, but after always balancing my investments/ making sure my portfolio is diversified, throwing away 10-20k just hurts a little too much right now (obviously your mileage will vary).

Think of it this way all the people who paid 50-60k for a civic type R got to enjoy theirs for the past 3-4 month, now the new wave of 2018's is on the way and the factory ramped up production, its a matter of time until the CTR will be going under MSRP / invoice, (personally I would rather buy an SS and lose 10-20k rather than buy a type R and lose 25-30k over 4-5 month lol) not to mention the SS will roll up and down the CTR.
The Alfa platform is stiffer than the Z and equally agile. I'm about to add cross bars and sways and am perplexed if I'll feel a difference cuz its so stiff. That said a Nismo Z is just as stiff with the added bracing and the shorter wheelbase adds for less flex. The Camaro has a dual personality. It can float around like a Caddy or romp like a real sports car. It's amazing.

The Camaro SS in Texas didn't get into the 20's for a long time last Gen. When the SS came out... In 2016. The average price of a 2010 SS was $24,000. Now a 2010 is about $20,000 with about 80,000 miles. That's an average so their are higher n lower priced ones. I'm expecting the SS to hover around $30k and 35k with reasonable miles. For a while till the drop into the 20's I think that will be the arena for 2LT V6's as they are solid performance fast cars as well. They hold their own unlike the last gen v6.

The civic is a joke. You really gotta be stuck in the 90's with your original fast and furious movie poster hanging on your wall, right next to the Tokyo drift poster to pay that shyt for a civic. I don't hate it. It's just delusional pricing for a overpriced/overrated car like the FRS was. Honda saw how stupid we are with the TOYOBARU TWINS and ran with that Shyt like a Superbowl football.
It's pathetic. But that's another conversation.

My point on the Z is, it's size just inherently makes it more nimble so you can't replace that feeling with a 3700lb muscle car. But... It gets CLOSE in the sense. It's not front heavy at all. So I can only imagine the balance of the v6 or 4 banger must be insane. I think if you have a v6 1Le? The Z might have trouble on a track. Only cuz weight andpower would be almost equal and yes. The Camaro chassis is better. But a nismo chassis is still amazing. Just saying.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 10-22-2017 at 12:52 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote