View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 05:58 AM   #3826 (permalink)
ToonaFish
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Sport 6MT GM
ToonaFish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Bus View Post
Yup, definitely not the same vision as when the original Z was created. However times have changed and unless they’re going to manufacture in China or a very poor country, their prices are going to be in line with all the other top notch sports cars.

I’ve owned my M2 for 4 months now, and if the Z is faster plus drives the same or better than the M2, I’d have no objection if it’s in the $55k range.
If the next Z is offered in 3 different options just like the common rumor that's been going around, it will no doubt put its competition to shame. Those 3 options are 300 hp under-tuned TTV6, 400 hp TTV6, and 500 hp TTV6 hybrid.

It is well known that both of the TTV6 options are underrated in power. The 300 hp trim likely has around that much in wheel horsepower, not just bhp. The 400 hp version rates just slightly below 400 whp. This means a 370 whp Z35 will have about 430-440 bhp. That power figure puts it right under power levels of current SS and GT editions, except at 400-500 pounds lighter. The power to weight ratio of the next Z will blow the competition away, including with the help of a dual clutch transmission.

While the competition will improve right when or slightly after the next Z is released, that power-weight combo is still tough to beat. Having a twin turbo setup allows the car to be easily tuned for higher power to keep ahead of the competition, if needed. The main flaw of 350Z and 370Z is they are naturally aspirated. They cannot be easily upgraded in an affordable and profitable way for a cheap company like Nissan . With forced induction and potentially electric motors coming, that flaw no longer holds back the next Z car.

So no, there is no need to worry about Z35 being slower than M2, M3, GT, SS, or whatever. Nothing with a gas engine near its price will beat it. It will even take on cars at 10k-20k higher in price.

I just hope we get to see at least one more model of the Z until the entire world is overrun by electric and self-driving cars.

Last edited by ToonaFish; 10-22-2017 at 06:01 AM.
ToonaFish is offline   Reply With Quote