View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 01:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
bimbimbop
Base Member

Drives: 12 370Z NISMO
bimbimbop is on a distinguished road

1) when did you purchase the kit?
I bought mine back in May this year and it arrived in Mid-late July....Started the install first week of August and will finish just this week!!!!!!

2) how many miles have you put on it?
0 miles on the kit so far...finish the install and towing to get tuned next week

3) how would you consider your driving?
very aggresive on the track

4) what kind of problems have you had?
I can tell you that there is very little room. I had to knock some very small dents to fit the turbos..(I believe this to be from putting in the Z1 engine mounts...I think it jsut moved the engine the slightest and the AAM kit did not like that lol...be prepared to make very minor adjustments

5) did you have to do any additional mods after the purchase?
When I bouhgt my kit i went and upgraded to 1000cc injectors, CJM complegte fuel system, 6puck clutch/fly, went with ecutek tuning not the uprev that comes with the kit, went 3" true dual exhaust from AAM as well, and the AAM R-line oil cooler....it looks like i'm going to invest in some hood vents or front bumper vents as I see the engine going to be very hot in the near future

I also went with a floating brake kit by Sparta, KW V3 coilovers, whiteline sway bars, spc camber arms

6) how many miles did you have on the engine prior to install of the kit?
I have 51k miles on the engine when I decided to do this project

7) for auto tran owners, besides upgrading your trans, what else did you have to do and how much did it cost to upgrade your trans and how is it holding up?
im 6MT

8) for Manuel owners, besides upgrading your clutch, what else did you have to do and how much did it cost to upgrade your clutch and how is it holding up?
I went with competition 6puck clutch/fly and the zspeed CMAK delete kit

9) any regrets?
none yet other than the waiting to get everything done as it is a VERY big project to work on

10)overall, how do you feel about the kit?
The kit seems very solid and everything that comes in it looks to be of pretty good quality

11) how is your block holding up?
block should hold up pretty nice as i will only be looking to dyno a 500-515 whp which is pretty safe for the stock block

12) how much boost and HP are you putting down?
i should be doing anywhere from 8-12 psi and 500-515 whp

13) what gauges are you using, air flow, boost, oil pressure?
im using tanabe A/F, oil pressure, and boost gauge

14) total cost of the project?
I have spent roughly 32k to date

15) are there any hiccups?
yes the engine does not just go in smoothly once finishing the build...like I said i had to do little hammering in the bay to clear the turbos and pipes...the AAM R-line is tricky to install..there is no standard spot to put it...i placed it behind the intercooler to the driver side..time will tell if I have to find a different place with heat and whatnot

16) what do you think Is important that we should know?
Money Money Money Tinker Tinker Tinker back to Money Money Money to Tinker Tinker Tinker

Once you go FI you will forever need to tinker and dump money..and the constant thought of doing even more to reach the 600 700 800hp benchmarks...Ive already been thinking about forged internals to help with torque and more HP
2012 Nismo AAM TT, CJM S1.SE Fuel System, AAM 3" True Dual Exhaust, CC 6 Puck Clutch/flywheel, Z1 engine/transmission mounts, Sparta Big Brake, ECUtek Tune, SPC Cambers, Whiteline Swaybar, KW V3 coilovers, Zspeed CMAK kit 542Whp 450TQ
bimbimbop is offline   Reply With Quote