View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 11:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
370Stealth
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z BK AT
370Stealth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
You are probably going to be better off emailing or sending a PM to each person individually for AAM right now. The kit is still new and many of the posts on installs for AMM kits have been by shops.

Example:
AAM Twin Turbo Kit Install (2010 Nissan 370Z)
600+rwhp AAM Twin Turbo Build
Z1 Motorsports: AAM TT Kit Installed & Evaluated

One forum member:
Engine (semi) removal on jack stands and AAM twin turbo install.

I would say the kit has been on par with others on the market though hard to know as I have not seen one in person or know anyone personally with the kit.

Many of your questions are not AAM specific but more going boost specific which I can try to help with:
-What is important? Always double the final number, this may not be relevant day 1 but things will break and it will not be cheap.
-The gauges many use: AFR, oil pressure, oil temp, boost (if going E then possibly an E gauge)
-Boost & HP are not always equal, it also has to do with your tune and potentially other bottlenecks in your system (proper exhaust, fuel, etc.)
-Clutch: You will break the OEM clutch, but additional items are flywheel & CSC (you can do Z1 replacement or just upgrade the CSC with aftermarket both have pros/cons)
-Other mods to consider are cooling & exhaust, cooling is oil, radiator (possibly fan upgrade) but also removing hot air from the engine bay with a vented hood or fender liner. Exhaust you will need to pair your exhaust & down pipes with your power requirements.

All the above is also dependent on what you want from boost and plan to do with the car. If you just want a more powerful street car you can skip some items such as a vented hood but if you want to hit the track on the weekends then what I have listed is needed plus understanding additional track requirements possibly needed.
you did just fine explaining, thank you for this information and I will be looking into those links you sent. As we know, these kits are not cheap and a huge investment for us (unless you got bunch of money to throw around) so I have been researching for months now and will continue.

I have a friend who experimented with GTR turbo kit onto his 370z and everything seems to work just fine, he needs few more upgrades but all is well so far.

thanks Budd!
370Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote