View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 08:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cranberry
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Touring
Cranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigchillin View Post
Hey guys,

I'd appreciate any help/advice given here.

I have a 2010 Z, and the intelligent key warning light just came up on my dash. It came up a couple days ago, i replaced the key fob battery and the light went off. As of today, it just came back on. I left work and there was no dash.

I went home, came back to my car to go somewhere and the light came back on.

I have no idea what the problem is. I've seen on other forums that it could be the key fob battery, or some solenoid.

I also saw something regarding if you press the Start/Stop button too fast which could possibly be it?

Thanks in advance

Very common issue starting to pop up on the 2010 - 2009 Z's. Mine did this as well right around when I hit 8 years old on the car. The primary antenna that picks up the key fob in the car is situated right by the emergency hand break. The antenna becomes defective after 8 years or so and requires replacement.

I went through this for an entire summer and tried everything. After no luck with all the attempts I finally went to Nissan and spent nearly $200 just on them to look into it let alone fix it. They said the antenna that picked up the key fob was not working right and it had to be replaced, they wanted over $900 to fix it so I said no way ill just stick the key in the dash for now on. I can't justify spending $900 just for the ease of not sticking my fob into the dash.

Hope this helps
2009 370z M/T - straight pipe cut outs / motordyne test pipes & intake manifold / K&N typhoon intake / ACT stage 2 race clutch & flywheel / ZEX wet nitrous / UpRev tune / stillen race oil cooler / 317 WHP N/A - 381 WHP with ZEX www.youtube.com/danialk ///\\\///\\\ Follow me on Instagram @dankobra
Cranberry is offline   Reply With Quote