Thread: D2 Coilovers
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 04:56 AM   #32 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

I think what hotrodz. Was getting at is the swifts "feel" softer which probably means more compliant. If we take for example a spring that is 400lbs per in and a block of rubber that is 400lbs per inch they may both be the same rating but their ride characteristics couldn't be more further apart.

I know what he is talking about as I have switched spring for off-road bike (which has a much more direct connection to ground than a road car) and I noticed a difference. I actually switched just for the weight savings (to a light weight alloy) but after switching the characteristics and liveliness of the suspension was noticeable, maybe not night and day but it was noticeable (could I notice the difference in a car? I'm doubtful). One would think just speeding up the low speed rebound on the normal spring would do the same thing but it really doesnt, I can't say why but I do know it isn't the same. Ti springs used to always hold a reputation for having a different ride feel as well.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote