Thread: D2 Coilovers
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 08:42 AM   #21 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaysEffect View Post
Are you guessing or do you know forsure these factors are different? All of those factors come into play to create the spring rate. So more times than not the dimensions are extremely close for any given diameter and length per rate measured. In the case where materials are different, the force acting upon it should be linear in both rebound and compression, if not, this goes back to what i said about damaged. Noticing a difference between a 10kg x 5 inch eibach or swift would mean one or the other does not truly hold its rate in linear fashion. There have been no recent test that show swift springs falling short of its rates. i doubt the rates and lengths are actually the same if you are saying you've determined a noticeable difference with these absolute back to back test. In any case, why would you even make this change? Unless you actually damaged your springs or dampers.
Mr. Mays, do believe the article Rusty provided is evidence enough for the statements I made. I find it curious that you are the one emphatically stated that my opinion was wrong and that my assumptions were a wild a$$ guess. You challenge me with your own loose facts and opinions by stringing a line bs that sounds reasonable but lacks depth and accuracy. Then you try to make your point by trying make me provide information that you don't have to back your own statements. My opinions are my own based on my knowledge, experience, observation, research and conversations with others and yes I am sometimes wrong and I glad for those that correct me in a respectful tone or not.

As I was once told it doesn't cost anything to be nice!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote