Thread: Uprev vs Ecutek
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 07:02 AM   #18 (permalink)
Spartan 1771
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Wife crazy & 09 370Z
Spartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Zsteve View Post
Far and away the highest numbers ever posted for a stock VQ37 with bolt ons and a tune. Put it on a different dyno, those numbers are whack.
I agree. These numbers are much higher than others with similar mods. I was hoping for somewhere in the 320's, so this blew me away. I plan to call PTuning and ask for the initial dyno results so that I can compare the numbers before the Ecutek tune. I'd also like to know what gear he used. Although I would like to put it on a Dynojet, I just don't have the funds for that right now. This tune and a brake job were the last two things in my budget for the next six to eight months. Yesterday while doing my brakes I noticed an insane amount of ozone cracking between the treads on one of my rear tires. I'm sure this is the result of being a garage queen with very low miles on eight year old factory tires. So now I have to drop several hundred bucks on tires so I can safely run the car on Road Atlanta at the Z Nationals next months, so there's just no cash right now for another dyno run.

-DD Air Guide, Stillen G3 CAIs, 63mm Throttle Bodies, Motordyne M370, Berk HFCs, FI TDX CBE (non-res, CF), Sprint booster v3, Ecutek Dyno Tuned, and the list goes on...
Spartan 1771 is offline   Reply With Quote