View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 05:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
I have owned both. I liked my twin carbon ATS/Carbonetics better than my twin OSG. When at typical operating temps, it drove like a stock clutch. When you heated it up, it got grabby like a racing clutch. Downside to carbon is that if you failed to warm it up before racing (high power application), it might slip under full power. So when it mattered, I would warm it up first. If I had the triple carbon rather than twin, it most likely would have held the power without having to heat it up first. It seemed like I was right on the edge of what the twin could do at normal operating temps.

My experience with a twin OSG in my own car, and a triple in a friends car. Great quality and longevity. But as for drive-ability on the street... Well you wont have to ever worry about hiding your keys... the average driver will not be able to make it out of the driveway with that clutch. It wasnt even tolerable (for street/daily use) before adding the adjustable fulcrum pedal from RJM. Even then with years of daily experience driving it, I would still stall it every few days. That is a racing clutch, and it drives like one.
Thank you. The answer I was looking for. Fuel rails whenever you get a batch
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote