View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 01:28 AM   #40 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaysEffect View Post
I have track time and driving experience with several cars, with varying suspension designs and chassis weight. Whether the information came from a book or experience, the dynamics behind the geometry of this car and my own are still factual, that's all i was saying. Not to mention i've gone through about 100 alignment changes over 3 cars in the past 2 years. All of which have different suspension designs and bushing materials. I'm not trying to blow smoke up anyone's rear. It's genuine passion in the subject.

You made a point about toe settings causing SNAP oversteer, when in reality this factor alone can't possibly cause this phenomenon. That's why i asked for you to recount the situation you have in mind. I'm willing to bet cash that several other factors came into play for you to have such a situation. I already agreed upon the fact said alignment can cause basic stability problems in certain situations.

But you're right though, i did get a lot of information from books and research. A couple thousand dollars worth of information and training to be fair :
I'm pickin' your brains to see what you have up there. How much work have you done with the Z? What alignment settings you've tried? Have you switched out/changed suspension parts? And which parts? What tire/rim comb you using? If you have knowledge up there that can help us track rats. I'm going to pry it out of you.

I've gone through 20+ alignment settings on my Z to get where I'm at now. Have a killer setting for track but tires life isn't good for the street and the Z is nervous as sh!t. Have a street setting that won't work well on the track, but tire life is great. The setting right now is a compromise between the two. I can tweek farther if I want to. Which I may do over the winter.

Snap-oversteer. Have you ever experienced it? The Z is good at telling you on what's going on if you take the time to listen. I can load the rear to the point of loosing grip, and feel it start to slide. With the toe at zero, or a hair +. The Z tells me everything. But when I had the toe -. I loose that feeling. The rear will load. When I expect it to start to slide. It will hang a little longer, then let go right now without any warning. It's not good looking at the driver behind you. Eyeball to eyeball.

Alot of the track info for the Z that you read on. Was done by pro level drivers. Like BGTV8, clintfocus, Mike, Shamu, BJ, etc. I'm not up to their level, but I can hold my own.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is online now   Reply With Quote