View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 11:05 PM   #394 (permalink)
370zForever
Base Member

Drives: 09 Black 370z
370zForever is on a distinguished road
Default Direct Injection

Hey guys,

I'm really sorry to get way off topic, but something came up to be a month ago and I thought I would share it...Infiniti has created a concept car called the Essence, which is fitted with a twin turbo 3.7L Direct Injection V6. The standard 3.7L (i.e. no twin turbos) is supposed to go on the g37 and infiniti's m cars. I hear that there is a high change that nissan will bring it over to the Z. It could have around 340-350bhp and better fuel economy....Sweeeet!!! As far as I know, nissan have not used a direct injection engine since the old skyline and Stagea. I don't know much about direct injection, but I do know that they will provide better hp and fuel economy, but I hear that they will be harder to mod...and we have bumped the Z's economy and hp by changing the exhaust or breathing system, but direct injection sounds like a good idea (to me). Man, what gives with everybody switching to direct injection (911 Turbo, Gallardo lp560-4, Ferrari 458, Ferrari California)

Anyway, I'm sorry if I drifted off the topic of modding and RCZ's journal, but I hope my post was a little helpful....

Last edited by 370zForever; 01-20-2010 at 11:07 PM.
370zForever is offline   Reply With Quote