View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #7050 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
Mainly vibrations. Have some weird stuff happening in the hatch at speed. Really becoming annoying. The rest I will just experiment with in different areas.
You mentioned rattles, so it makes sense that you would be looking at some butyl to lay down. I just wanted to point out there is no need to go overboard with it. I did my entire hatch with the stuff, which was just totally unnecessary and did not help as much as I had hoped. You should never need to use 50+ lbs of the stuff like Clam mentions - you'll get much lower decibel readings with strategically placed butyl and full coverage in CCF. I learned the hard way.

I eventually decided not to go forward with anything else cause racecar. I'll be removing the stuff in the hatch at some point in the future - not looking forward to that.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |