View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 02:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
MaysEffect
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Infiniti FX35
MaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsavvy View Post
Thank you for this info. I had given it some thought but I'm just thinking damn I'm already 250 deep on the swifts another 300 on some ARK and I'd be more than half the price of most coil options. Might as well get it done right and stop playing myself.
Coilovers is whole new rabbit hole.

corner weighting the car properly - 200-400 dollars.

Alignment after subsequent corner balance- 80-150 dollars.

for proper alignment with a really lowered car (1.5-3inches) you will need new adjustable control arms (multiple pieces front and rear) to fix the static geometry. This in itself with the cheapest parts will be over 1000 dollars.

Using a thinner profile tire will only increase the need for a proper alignment.

In any case, pay close attention to the spring rates in relation to the height you choose with linear spring coilovers. The lower you go, the higher the rate will need to be. A softer spring is not better.
MaysEffect is offline   Reply With Quote