View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 11:04 AM   #675 (permalink)
Ape Factory
Base Member

Drives: Audi RS5/QX70S
Ape Factory will become famous soon enough

I've been watching the dyno numbers for the new 3.0TT Q50/60's which use the same transmission as the Z/G37 and many are making relatively big torque numbers very low in the rev range where the stock car did not. I'm wondering if they use the "B revision" model of our transmissions which are rated at 400lb-ft. and found in other Infiniti/Nissan vehicles. I have a Q70S in my garage as well but I haven't taken the time to crawl under and look at the transmission code.

Respectfully, I'm not sure about the CF supercharger being harder on the higher gears. You're still experiencing the peak torque/hp in each gear you redline. I'd think it'd be just the opposite as you're far less likely to redline 4th-7th (on the street anyway) and more time redlining in the first three traction-challenged gears, LOL. With the PD supercharger, you'll have all that torque down low and it'll get used more often than a torque peak at 5K rpm.

Tuning to limit torque (for a stock transmission) does make sense. I just wish we had more hard data on long term reliability at 400lb-ft.