View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 09:48 AM   #39 (permalink)
Hotrodz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
That could explain something that happened to me in Fontana @ the cabin,
As I was blocked in & angled off the pad & down through the grass...was stopped at the top when Z angled off concrete & wouldn't move.
I got out & noticed L/R barely lifted & looked at R/R & it appeared that it had spun some.
Got back in w/door open & left rear was turning in air & suspended....started bouncing my 270lbs. & started to move then.
I'll play with that this weekend & throw a jack under a rear wheel, just to see...I know otherwise both wheels bite evenly & tire wear is even.
Yep, that is the deal. I have a steep driveway like other have described and with the oem lsd it would have to make sure I had some momentum to make it up the drive. After I had my Wavetrac installed I would purposely stop with one wheel in the air to see what would happen and it worked perfectly I drove up the drive without a hitch.

From what I have read and talked with others about LSD for the 370z is that OS Giken is the best if you are going be mostly track focused and it does well on the street. It requires more maintenance than the other two. Quaif and Wavetrac are the same for maintenance which is pretty much the same as OEM. Quaif is the popular favorite as it is proven and has been around for a long time. Wavetrac is also very popular on the racing scene but is not as well known as Quaif and provides the added feature of a locking diff as in a clutch type but is slight less aggressive. I figured at my diving skill level my LSD will be better than me for quite a while and I am okay with giving 0.1 or 0.2 seconds per lap if it is even that much.

The bottom line is you can't go wrong with any of those three rear diffs!
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote