View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 04:30 AM   #73 (permalink)
markesc
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z M.B. 7AT
markesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b15 View Post
Drivers today are just bad, period. Driver's tests are a joke. Combine that with higher hp cars, more efficient transmissions and of course, many more gadgets for the driver to play with and you end up with 95% idiots on the road not paying attention and mashing the gas from light to light. Darwinism of bad drivers is surely needed.
Agreed, that's why it's insanely fun to just watch these people disappear through a set of corners, and you don't even really have to put in a lot of effort either. I just wish for ONCE someone could interview them after they've wimped out through a series of turns and have them explain why they can do 15mph over the limit on the straight sections while weaving all over the place, but they cannot just go at a moderatly decent pace through a not very technical section of 30-50mph turns?!

I don't understand the gravitation towards even wanting all the in car distractions. I don't even understand why it's a selling point. It's not supposed to be a home theater video game leather sofa on wheels. Just like in the savage geese videos, is the manufacturer actually going to support fixing this **** when it goes bad in a few years?

I actually look forward to driving as means of avoiding distractions.

This is why we need to ban marketing as a major in all public / private education. Get back to letting engineers and designers and DRIVERS make cars fun again.

I had a whole paragraph on how much I hate marketing people, but I'm going to be nice
markesc is offline   Reply With Quote