View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #20 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_ealot View Post
The whole reason i swapped out the radiator was that i was having the exact problem im having now with the system only overheating at idle with the ac on. You think running some more cleaner through the system would help or should i plan on replacing the water pump and then run cleaner through it afterward?
I don't think using harsh chemicals is the answer. I would consider it, at best, a temporary band-aid that may do more damage than good. But you may not have much choice at this point. YMMV

I'd do an inspection of the block (you may be able to use one of the cheap borescopes/endoscopes that you can find online nowadays) for corrosion before going too far.