View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 03:54 PM   #664 (permalink)
milkcow500
Base Member

Drives: 11 G37xs
milkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
The Jatco 7AT revision A is rated at 295ft lbs. and plenty of folks have had issues with that tranny and a centrifugal SC. I'd think the whipple's low end torque would kill it in short order.

The full build uses the valve body, plate, NDN new friction plates to the tune of four grand.
From what I've seen, it's more of the tune that causes premature 7at damage for the stillen setups. That or just plain bad luck, since I rarely see them take a dump. There's people including me who have ran the stock trans fine for many miles. Look at the q50s running stock trans over 600whp perfectly fine.