View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 05:29 AM   #148 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

Well I pieced together a long block
Z1 stage 2 short and IPP stage 2 heads with the JWT exhaust cams

I'll be swapping out all the timing chains gaskets etc and upgrading the failed (culprit) oil gasket to a metallic with better fasteners

Upgraded to Nismo oil pump

Z1 throttle bodies

The motor should come back together pretty stout but I'll still limit to 7800 RPM just to be conservative

I'll recycle my Z1 400 ho kit but am getting a new plenum (mine is full of shrapnel)

I'm hoping to make this mess an opportunity for a moderate upgrade.

The throttle bodies make 10 ish hp?
The JWT cams 25 ft lbs and 10 ish hp
The fresh motor ???? Better compression perhaps but my motor was pretty strong befor it popped so who knows. The head was a bit leaky so who knows.

...no dry sump . That's going into the racecar but I will Acusump!! (Bought one from a forum guy)

Should be a cool motor when I'm done.
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote