View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 07:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by markesc View Post
So should I just buy an eibach front + spl links and call it a day?

or is there anything to be gained by going for a full set front+rear? are we talking 5-10% difference? I do value the highly stock compliance at the limits on uneven pavement as it's a daily setup.

Thoughts appreciated!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
I'm probably not the fastest here (only 2 track days so far) but I personally actually like aftermarket front and rear (I use stillen) and strangely I think I may even soften the front (one softer than middle) after first track day with oem coils/shocks and stillen bars set to middle/middle I felt balance was great with just a hint of oversteer (and totally eliminated factory understeer) when pinching a turn. After going powertrix with 12k/11k (keep in mind oem is 7.5k/8.1k) I then felt a touch of undsersteer when pushing it in a turn (but the shocks are awesome and completely kept the car stable in the dip at turn 6 at leguna). So I myself couldn't think I would want no rear bar or even oem but maybe I just haven't gotten fast enough to enter turn super hard or I just like a loose rear.

I think Rusty has a lot of track experience so I would trust him but just thought I would give another opinion.
The whole idea is to have a balanced car, or close to it. For DD, the Eibach is fine. You'll notice the difference. Everyone who has changed bars. Doesn't matter which bar. Have felled an improvement. If you have big meat meats/sticky tires, driving style. Then I think you would need the Hotchkis.

My SPL linkage squeaks afterwards if I get caught in the rain. Then I have to give it a shot of oil. Then it's good until the next time. Also to keep your new bars from squeaking. Where the bar bushings sit on the bar. Wrap that area with white teflon pipe thread tape. Then smear grease over the area and inside the bushing.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote