Thread: Dragon deaths
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 11:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

RIP...

This is sad, especially since these two had a whole life ahead of them.

With that being said, people (of all ages) have to realize that The Dragon is just a road just like any other road out there. It's not a prepped race track with wide runoffs on either side, with all traffic going in the same direction. It's a public road with traffic on it in both directions, debris, animals, etc, etc, and has to be treated like any other road.

I know my limitations, and I'll be honest, I DON'T know the limitations of my Z, but I'm sure as heck not going to try and find out on drastically changing, non-familiar roads. As fun and as exciting as it would be, I just won't do it. I'm at a point in my life where sometimes it's just better and more enjoyable to slow down a little, relax and just take in the scenery and savor the ride. When I want real excitement and a thrill, I'll take my Z to a track.

It's unfortunate that this happened to these two young kids, but we can't blame the road. The road just sits there. Yes, it has "claimed" lives, but I guarantee that Interstate 4 here in Central Florida claims tons more per year, and it's basically a straight line from one side of the state to the other, 133 miles in total.