View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 07:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
TheWolfe
Track Member

Drives: like a maniac
TheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond repute
Post Looking for deals on coils for the summer (kind of a longer post)

As a preface, let me start off by saying that while I am looking for coils right now, just know that I'm not actually going to be purchasing anything until near the end of July. I'm still in my classes and get out around the end of June, but will be working and all that until August. If the mods would like for me to post this in a different section of the forum, let me know I can totally copy+paste this elsewhere!

With that said: I am looking for a good deal on coilovers! B2 Auto Designs are selling TEIN Basis Z coils cheaper than anywhere else I've seen, but I've read that they don't have all the adjustments most other coils have (because of their price point). Thing is, though, I'm not sure if I'll be needing all of those fancy adjustments because this is just a street car (maybe a show car someday, but not for a while), and I want it to look good. I'll also only have <$1000 to spend by the end of July, so I'd say that my budget is probably $800-$850 since this is kind of the only mod I want to go for at the moment, but correct me if I'm wrong but I think I'll be needing camber arms since I plan on lowering my car roughly an inch and half or so anyways; I might be able to find arms on the forums for around $150 if I look hard enough, though.

I'm not really looking for anything in specifics, but I guess just note that my car won't ever see the track (at least not anytime soon). I pretty much exclusively drive this from Dallas to Longview and back every few weekends or so, which is about a 115 mile drive one way, and I'm not very strict on how "comfortable" they need to be, just as long as I can lower my car and still have proper handling (it rains hard a lot over here this time of year, I don't want anything happening to my baby ) I've heard that the KW V1's can sell for around $900 at times, which is doable, but I think I'm gonna need camber arms or something in addition to these springs so that might be kind of tough to squeeze in at that price. With the Basis Z's being so cheap, and since the reviews aren't all that bad, I could definitely pick some of those up and still have enough for camber arms and even 20+25mm spacers--all within my budget. Lucky for me I have all of the tools I need to install coils in my driveway!

Let me know what you've got. I'm just gonna repeat myself and say that I won't actually have the money or anything like that until July, so don't read this post and think that it's urgent or anything. I'm also pretty flexible and am open to options, so just let me know what you want to do

Thanks for reading!