View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
SINISTER
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z NISMO
SINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond repute
Default How many Pullups can you do?

How many can you do? I finally got back to 12.
I read about this so I wanted to share...

MEN:
Newbie = 1st unassisted pull-up
Beginner = 2-5 repetitions
Intermediate = 6-10 repetitions
Advanced = 11-15 repetitions
Expert = 16-20 repetitions
Master = 21-25 repetitions
Wicked Sick = 26-30 repetitions
Superhuman = 30+ repetitions
Olympian = 40+ repetitions
Pull-up Immortal = 50+ repetitions

Women:
Newbie = 1st unassisted pull-up
Beginner = 2-3 repetitions
Intermediate = 4-6 repetitions
Advanced = 7-9 repetitions
Expert = 10-12 repetitions
Master = 13-16 repetitions
Wicked Sick = 17-20 repetitions
Superhuman = 21-24 repetitions
Olympian = 25-29 repetitions
Pull-up Immortal = 30+ repetitions

More:

If you want to be a United States Marine, you have to perform at least 3 pull-ups (i.e. males only, for now). That’s a minimum passing grade. If you want to be a U.S. Army Ranger, you have to perform at least 6 pull-ups (12+ is recommended). And if you want to be a Navy SEAL, you have to perform a minimum of 8 reps to get into BUD/S training, but 15-20+ reps is recommended, and necessary if you want to be competitive among your class mates.

Adults – Data for adults is harder to come by, but my research has led me to conclude the following. Men should be able to perform at least 8 pull-ups, and 13-17 reps is considered fit and strong. And women should be able to perform between 1-3 pull-ups, and 5-9 reps is considered fit and strong.

Candidate Fitness Assessment, which is used to determine the fitness levels of those seeking to enter the U.S. military: According to the CFA, the average number of pullups performed by men is nine and by women is three. Men who are able to perform 18 consecutive pullups and women who can perform seven are considered to possess a high level of fitness.

Roughly half of all males can do between 1-5 pull-ups, a quarter of them can do between 6-10 reps, and the other quarter can do more than 10 reps.