View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 10:01 PM   #34 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkist350z View Post
I highly doubt that a manual transmission wont be offered on the new z or supra, they know that these iconic sports should be offered with a true drivers transmission.
Let's hope so. But thinking logically, the Infiniti Q50 & 60's with new engines, have no manual trans. And on the Toyota side, they really have 0 new cars with a manual trans. You could say FRS has one, but that one had more to do with Subaru.

Looking at BMW M cars, there is only a 20% acceptance rate in manual trans and most Porsche dealers don't carry them on their showroom floor, they generally will only bring them in on a customer's special order. A Manual Trans Enthusiast is willing to wait, the regular walk in customer is not and will take a PDK or DCT.

Now I can understand if Nissan projected to sell 7,000 new Z35's a month like the Mustang and 20% (approx 17,000 a year) of those sold were manuals. But Nissan is not even sure it wants to come out with a new Z, as they've only sold 6,000 in the US for all of 2016 and FRS sales have tumbled. So logic dictates to me, that the new Z or Supra, if there is indeed one, will only be in an auto trans.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote