View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 07:52 AM   #8847 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseZ View Post
Rad an online article that quoted United:

Nothing else, just for overbooking.

Which has always been something mingboggling to me why they are allowed to overbook/oversell flights in the first place. You have a FINITE number of seats, once they are sold they are sold.

If somebody misses their flight, tough **** they paid for their seat.

If their employees need seats, book them!

It ain't rocket science.

My dad worked for TWA back in the day. When I flew on pass (free), I couldn't get on a flight unless there were open seats. The same with TWA execs; no open seats, they sometimes got to use the jump seats. Not a comfortable way to spend 5 hours in the air...

What is interesting is that United wanted to bump paying customers (really? I thought you were in business to make money) so that 4 employees could get to their scheduled location. Fix the schedule and move on, it should be relatively simple. This is a perfect representation of why flying sucks these days, (post 9/11), airlines are finally making a profit because of stupid fees, they figure they can be asshats to their customers and get away with it because 'captive market'....