View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #4725 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
My reloading area is a cluster ATM .... I'm still trying to get organized after moving...

I found an app called "Reloading Inventory" to help me keep track of on hand components and loaded ammo. Now I have to sit down and enter everything I have.

I've noticed that the 'big thing' now is to tumble with stainless steel pins. I'm not sure what that is supposed to do, but my Lyman cleaner with walnut media, does a pretty good job of getting the cases clean. I've been pondering an ultra sonic cleaner, I may do some more research on them. Do I need a special solution, etc.....

I've pondered getting into casting, but with the price of equipment having gone up considerably since I started reloading, the amortization time isn't making sense. I can buy good cast bullets from folks that are close enough that I can go pick them up, plus it's a great excuse to get the Z out and do some local exploring at the same time.
I have te Lyman vibrator too. Found out the red cob cleans better then the green cob. Wife got me the Hornady ultra sonic cleaner for Xmas. It's faster and cleans better then the vibrator. The stainless pins is a tumbler. You have to mix cleaner with the pins. Rinse and dry. About the same amount of time as the vibrator. The ultra sonic. You have to mix a couple oz of cleaner with water. Distilled works the best. No spots. 2 types of cleaner. Brass and gun parts.

For casting. The furnaces got $$$. So did the molds. I used to get old wheel weights and mix some linotype in with it to bring up the hardness. Wheel weights are harder to get now. Have about half ton of bearing babbit I got it from where I used to work at. It has more elements in it. Have to add pure lead to the mix so that the weight of the bullet is close to where it's suppose to be. Otherwise they come out light.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote