View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 03:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
TZMN DVL
Base Member

Drives: Magma 13 Touring 6MT
TZMN DVL is on a distinguished road

Any idea on the cost of this were it not a warranty repair?

I picked up a 2013 Touring coupe 6MT a few months ago, only under powertrain warranty at this point. Noticed today my speedo was reading alot higher than my speed "felt". GPS speedo app confirmed it was 15MPH high. At a full stop, it reads 15mph. With the car turned off, gauge does not return to the 6:00 position, more like 7.

You also mentioned some kind of electrical current issue you suspected. Seems odd that the gauge would not return to 6:00 position when the car is off. I'd be more inclined to believe that something was just physically sticking but I really don't know.

Presume there's a good chance you've long since sold the car and left the forum, but maybe someone else has some insight into what's involved in fixing this.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZForce View Post
Ok ...the skinny on the Z...yesterday morning at startup = no problem. During the drive to dealer by brother- Hal = no problem. Good thing I emailed the dealer my photos. So they ran all electrical diagnostics and performed some extra checks at my suggestion = no problem or record of problem found, other than during their test drive in the torrential rain down pour, they threw a CEL for water on the air filters. CAI - Injen. Cleared the code and let it sit. They called Nissan Tech Support Line and.................all I got from the dealer as to the root of the issue....was Nissan did not know.....but based on the info the dealer supplied Nissan (including my photos)....Nissan said REPLACE THE CLUSTER UNIT. .....Yeh..woot...woot. None of this temp fix and it reoccuring in two months. So as I stated above, Nissan Corp will send the new cluster unit to the calibration vendor in N.Y. that is contracted with Nissan Corp to program in my current mileage. The car is down until next Weds...I have as a rental - Versa at no charge - except the gas I use. I am hoping Nissan Corp has a typo on the mileage they email to the vendor and drops a zero from 36,900 to 3,690 miles.
TZMN DVL is offline   Reply With Quote