View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 09:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

You're welcome!

Well the fluid has no where to go after pedal release but back into the reservoir. Since fluid does not compress there is no "squeezing" the fluid, it's a solid under pressure. After releasing the pedal the fluid from the bellows/CSC cylinder must go somewhere and there is no room anywhere in the hydraulics *(hose, CSC) but in the reservoir. Just experiment and see for yourself.
It wouldn't hurt to bleed the system just for your peace of mind. Be careful to not release the clutch pedal until the valve/bleed screw is closed. And be gentle when pressing the pedal as there won't be any fluid/cylinder resistance to limit the pedal travel and you could damage the O-rings in the master cylinder. My fluid has always been crystal clear so I've never had to pump "30 times" usually only about 12. Just for my peace of mind, lol. Peace of mind is worth a LOT. Plus I'm a short shifter, non dragster, non launcher so my CSC will probably never get even slightly dirty.

Good Luck Sinister, and welcome to the forum!
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote