View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 02:39 PM   #387 (permalink)
V1H
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370Z-TT GT Edt
V1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond repute
Default AAM Competition VQ37 Intake Manifold Pre-sale!!!

The beauty is in. The fact that the EVAP valve?, or whatever it is that's mounted at the back end of the plenum, is laterally offset by 38mm in my RHD, and now at this LHD-design plenum, stretches the plug harness to its very limit, plus, the attached vac line needed to be cut short by 38mm.

The MAP sensor location is also not OEM but here the harness reaches just fine once some stock tape is removed and the harness slightly re-routed. Apart from that all fits fine.

Finally, the two front breather hoses needa be shortened cos the barbed fittings are non-stock location. But no drama at all.

Noteworthy, one flange bolt is virtually inaccessible and a PITA to torque down because there's too little head room for a torque wrench with 1/4" extension bar plus swivel joint with socket with a 6mm bit, which is needed for these M8 Allen-bolts. One could get a 6mm Allen key in position but then there'd be no way of measuring torqe and the key would still interfere with the two vac&coolant hard lines, so they'd have to be removed. In the end I placed a 6mm bit into this one bolt and cumbersomely hand-tightened it with a 1/4" spanner that sloted onto the bit sideways.

PS: the brass fittings were a tad tricky at first. I re-tapped all threads and all was good. (Probably cause of the ceramic coating). No biggy for me, I had all the tools. I applied PTFE tape to the threads for better seal. Didnt want to use liquid thread sealant in case I want to make use of the currently blanked spare vac ports in the future.

Bottom line, take some time and it's a simple enough DIY job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
501 BHP, 590 Nm (422 rwhp) AAM TT+I/Plenum|CJM S1 FRS|C/Clutch Stage 2|RJM CMC|ZSpeed CSC|Z1 Oil cooler|Motordyne Turbo ShockWave)))|Torqen Coilovers|Stanceparts AirCups|Amuse bodykit|GReddy|AEM|ONEighty|Mishimoto|STILLEN|Eibach|SPL|B&M|Radium|EcuTek|BC Forged RS45

Last edited by V1H; 03-20-2017 at 03:46 AM.
V1H is offline   Reply With Quote