View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 07:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
Shaggy370Z
Base Member

Drives: 2014 Nissan 370z MB
Shaggy370Z has a reputation beyond reputeShaggy370Z has a reputation beyond reputeShaggy370Z has a reputation beyond reputeShaggy370Z has a reputation beyond reputeShaggy370Z has a reputation beyond reputeShaggy370Z has a reputation beyond reputeShaggy370Z has a reputation beyond reputeShaggy370Z has a reputation beyond reputeShaggy370Z has a reputation beyond reputeShaggy370Z has a reputation beyond reputeShaggy370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Well after a lot of thought and attempts to make them work I have decided to pull the Top Speed intakes off and put my stock air boxes back on. I decided on this for a few reasons. I wasn't a huge fan of them being carbon fiber inside and out, the inside looked kind of rough so I wasn't really sure how well they would perform. I had no idea that they were made completely of carbon fiber I assumed they were aluminum tubing with carbon fiber layed on top, they also didn't show or describe the insides. They look good but will crack a lot easier than normal aluminum piping intakes. And I haven't found a way to set them up using the breathers which means spending more money on catch cans and hoses. I tried the Z1 hoses and that was an absolute waste of money because trimmed or untrimmed they don't work with these intakes.

I have been wanting to put the stock air boxes back on for awhile because when I had just the exhaust installed the car felt more alive. The hold up has been the fact that I made the mistake of cutting up the stock breather hose so I wasn't sure I could find a replacement without buying the intakes like everyone has posted. I did find a place that sells the breather hoses and parts separately so I ordered a new one and as soon as it arrives I will be reinstalling the air boxes for now.

I am still very happy with the Top Speed exhaust. Its loud when WOT but just cruising it is just slightly louder than stock and no drone on the highway.