View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 01:46 PM   #522 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
It can be done for 10k, but you have to do the labor yourself and try to save money where you can. It's easy when you are spending thousands of dollars to do something like spend a couple of extra hundred bucks for a really nice boost gauge - but stuff like that adds up pretty quickly. It also depends on what your use of the car is going to be... If you are tracking the car, you are probably also looking at upgrading brakes, suspension, and LSD... in my case I am just building a fast street car and I haven't felt any shortcomings with the extra power from my stock sport suspension and brakes.

BP Kit - $7000 (remove the Uprev license from the package)
Z1 Clutch/Flywheel - $750
HD CSC - $300
Ecutek License/Tune - $900
Cheap Boost Gauge - $100
Cheap Cat-back Exhaust - $600
Cheap Test Pipes - $150
= $9800
(Probably a little over 10k after shipping)

This represents probably the minimum equipment to get this done while still getting some bang for your buck and getting all brand new equipment. Much more can be saved if you wait for sales and are willing to buy parts second hand - I have a good bit less than 10k spent in going boosted. We could argue for days on whether this is really enough "supporting mods"...but I am at 10k boosted miles with essentially this barebones of a setup and am perfectly happy with the results. I recently changed my Diff bushings, but the OEM were still intact, believe it or not... and since this is a mod you are likely to have to do regardless of boosting, I did not include it in the list. You can all reserve the right to laugh in my face when I am the guy in the GIF above.

Might as well knock $150 off for test pipes. Still cant figure out how you used test pipes with the BP kit.