View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 05:36 AM   #6025 (permalink)
madwi
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Granma red Z
madwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Thank you. One of my sons found this transmission in a wrecking yard a few years ago. The T5 was the tranny used in the 1982 and 1983 280ZX turbo.

I traded him a 51 inch Sony rear projection TV for it. He got 3 or so year's worth of use from the TV before it died. When it did die, he and some friends took it out in the country and used it for target practice with their AR-15s.

I sat on this transmission for a long time and finally goat around to getting it checked out by my transmission guys. It was in rough shape.

It took then about 7 months to find all the parts they needed for a rebuild (synchros, bearings, seals, input and main shafts). 900 dollars later, I got it back.

Rep Freely.
Not a terrible price tag What else do you need to do to the Z?