View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 09:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxx View Post
I have the turbosmart valve with the red spring... its adjusted just one turn passed the o-ring... when cleaned I don't get any flutter but after about a month I notice very light flutter beginning as it get dirty

Light flutter prolly won't hurt anything but if it's stuck closed then what you hear is back surge on the supercharger adding extra wear
Yeah but with the Air to Air kit it completely changes the airflow. So the red spring will make a terrible flutter. I had used every spring turbosmart offers and it sucked on my car. I ended up getting the lightest spring and had to trim off 2 rings and it still didnt sound right to me.

The flutter means the air is not coming out of the supercharger properly. The noise you hear is the piston in the bpv opening and closing. It is very hard on the valve since instead of it just closing on throttle then opening when off throttle once, it is doing that like a 1000 times more. You will eventually wear your valve out.

Also, the air needs to get out of the system or it tries to push itself back through the supercharger blades, basically trying to force it to slow down but it cant since it is belt driven so it causes unwanted stress on the bearings.