View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #130 (permalink)
Jon@Altered
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Nissan 350Z
Jon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond repute

And GOD said, let there be light!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zat_Zuma View Post
Do you plan to do a write up on the parts list and the difficulty installing the DEFI gauges? I have a set of DEFI gauges I wish to install in the 370Z and by your pictures thats EXACTLY the way I want it to look. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Yes we do actually. I can tell you now, it's definitely no cake-walk. As you saw before, in order to remove the factory gauges, just about the entire dashboard has to be removed. Running the lines for vacuum/boost/temp and power is not too tough, but removing and reinstalling the dash is what consumes the bulk of the time during install.

With that being said, this is the only place I would install gauges in a 370Z. I never really liked A-Pillar gauges, or gauges mounted on the steering column, or any place like that. I mean, it already comes from the factory with a gauge pod, so why not use what Nissan already provided?