View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #31 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
Kyle, not to bust out the expert but...scoops most certainly do add drag. Even NACA ducts (which have the absolute least drag of any scoop design) are parasitic. Whether or not the drag will affect any of these cars at speeds they will see is a different story. I doubt if it will be noticable at all. However, the speed at which the car becomes aerodynamicly restrained could be lowered as much as a few MPH. That being said. I have an idea that maybe Stillen would be interested in in the Aero dept. My guess is with some simple and cheap parts I could clean the aerodynamics of this car up very easily. If you'd like to hear it shoot me a PM.

Sorry, I'm stuck in Charlotte waiting to fly our IT guy back to Fay. I'm bored, and probably posting way too much.
You are correct, and I apologize if my post was misleading. In top speed discussions then yes, the side scoops are going to put a bit of a drag. Exactly how much, I don't know. But, those speeds would be very high before you start seeing any negative side effects.