View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 07:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

the engine is quiet and smooth during idle or any other rpm. I am familiar with the ticking (vvel) and that's not it. The ping only occurs occasionally during take off from stop or rolling as described above. It doesn't occur under any other situation. I can floor it at 2000 rpm and it runs just fine.

I read a bit about the MAP senor you mentioned. It appears to detect the engine vacuum and send signal to the ecu etc.... Can it be cleaned with MAF cleaner without damaging the internal of the sensor which might contain rubber components? Wouldn't it also throw a P0106 code for the bad MAP sensor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOMMONKEY777 View Post
Remembering now, some one came to me with a low rpm engine knock, asked me what is wrong, as i remember the car was at idle and you can hear the valves ticking like a slight knock, then pass 1500rpm it goes away.

Solution, changed brand of oil used in the engine from Valvoline to Royal purple or Nissan Easter oil 5w-30.

The tick was gone, but in my opinion it does that on old oil.(filter is clogged and less oil travel through the engine during low rpm.)

Last edited by nis350; 02-11-2017 at 05:29 PM.
nis350 is offline   Reply With Quote